As I sit here this morning sipping my coffee as my son plays post-breakfast, I am feeling an overwhelming sense of gratitude towards God for this life I get to live, and the need to share it.
Some would see the things I currently set my eyes on as 'small', 'insignificant' or 'not enough' but my heart right now feels like the richest woman on the planet.
After a busy weekend, I am thankful that my coffee tastes REALLY good this morning. I am thankful that my son plays well by himself so I can have a moment to sit and drink it. I'm thankful that my legs aren't shaved and my husband doesn't REALLY care. I'm thankful that my toes aren't perfectly pedicured- since I painted them myself at 30 weeks pregnant. I am thankful for shoes that gave me a massive blister on my foot which now dons a big honkin bandaid. I'm thankful for my messy kitchen that shows of a past celebration... The last of my first born's 1st birthday parties (yes, partIESsss). I'm thankful for the slew of toys that are currently a mess on my floor in front of me- that I might add, did NOT get put away last night. I'm thankful that it's Tuesday, we have no where to go, and we're both still in our PJ's, and plan on staying that way all day.
I'm thankful for my husband who woke me up this morning by the sound of his spoon clanking on the side of his cereal bowl- he was up early preparing to teach a bunch of interns at a local church... Whatta man. Thankful we got a date last night- and thankful it happened to be free 7th row tickets to the Canucks game- behind the box :)
Thankful that what is heavy on my heart this morning is a large chick party/gathering of sisters coming up in a couple of weeks at my home... Aka my church. Thankful that God has a plan for us girls for that weekend- that lives WILL be changed for eternity, that women will be healed, set free, made hopeful again. Thankful that I get to pray for them as they prepare to come. Thankful that I get to be a small part in God's story of this 'thing' called 'Canada'.
Thankful that I am pregnant. Thankful that it's a girl. Thankful that I am a WOMAN. Thankful that Jesus loves me, and I know it. Thankful for my family, of God and of earth. Thankful for the 'simpleness' of my life.
Thankful that what God has done in and for me, He can do for others. Thankful that what He has done for me and given me is not just 'for me'. Thankful that there is work to do in the Kingdom.
Thankful that my perspective is in the right place today.
Thankful. Period.
So beautiful, my love. I got chills.
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful that you are WOMAN too. Thankful that you are my friend. Thankful that knowing you has changed me for the better.