Well, here we are now at almost 27 full weeks of pregnancy- my thoughts: 'how did this go by so fast?!!!'
A little update for you all since the last time I wrote...
We had our second ultrasound the day we left to come to Winnipeg for Christmas and ALL IS WELL (Thanks God- He's always got your back!). We had to go into the hospital, into the same unit where I will be birthing JR, and receive an ultrasound from Dr. Still (my midwives really wanted me to get to see him in particular- again, thanks God!). Dr. Still is an obstetrician-ultrasonographer and is probably in his late 60's, so the guy knows what he's doing! He was very calm and relaxed which was matching to my sentiments. I knew I had nothing to worry about. He began doing the ultrasound, took some measurements, asked if we already knew the sex of the baby (to which we responded yes, of course), and then proceeded to tell us things like 'he's DEFINITELY a boy', and 'he's measuring larger than average'. My thoughts on that 'larger than average' comment.... nul ;) I have a healthy baby boy=mama's happy.
He then proceeded to check out the 'septum' and proceeded to tell us 'this won't be an issue at all'. YAY! Its basically like I have this little second compartment to my uterus, that MAY have caused issues with JR being in the right position for birth but as the Dr. told us, and also as I have been confessing over my belly every day, he's got tons of time to move around.... I tell my boy everyday to 'place himself in perfect position for delivery- head first and face down'. He's an obedient son :)
Thanks for yours prayers everyone- ALL IS WELL.
Christmas in Winnipeg has been nothing but relaxing and crazy fun. We got to go down to the waterpark hotel in Grand Forks again this year (thanks to Big Ray), and had a blast.... also got to do some shopping for more prego clothes! Again, mama is happy!
I am sitting here on our last day of holidays.... its always bittersweet to leave Winnipeg and my family... more bitter than sweet!!! I'm excited to get in my own bed as my back has been a bit irritated on this bed here at my parents, and to see my cat, and my lovely friends and inlaws. I have mixed feelings about hitting the road running for a VERY busy month at church, though its all great things! And hey- perspective says.... its my last 3 months of work for an entire year :) One last time, MAMA IS HAPPY!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment