Tuesday, November 30, 2010

22 weeks.... in front of the Tree!

Hey all :) Koby, Jacob (!!!) and I hope you're all doing great!


Just a quick little update from our 22-week midwife appointment, and a few things I will ask you to pray about:
Jacob/Jake/J.R. (as you can see, we are undecided) is doing fantastic, and so am I (and Koby's not so bad himself). We got to meet yet another of the midwives at our clinic, this time Debbie and she is super lovely. The shortest little Kiwi woman I have ever seen, and also one of the sweetest, kindest ladies, with a gentle touch. She let us hear the heartbeat again, nice and loud, and then tried to rub around to feel his position but I had to pee (or as they say 'empty your bladder') too bad so it was uncomfortable.
She also shared with us the ultrasound results (the medical side) from last week. Long story short, I have what they call a 'rare-shaped' uterus, and it also has a septum inside of it (for those of you who don't know what a septum is, your nose has a septum... its the part that divides your nostrels). Basically the septum in my uterus is a thick tissue substance, that causes baby to be somewhat 'stuck' in one position, causing him to 'potentially' stay in a head-up position. What WE BELIEVE is that no matter what, Jacob WILL move and be in perfect position for birth- head first and face down... and that's what we're praying for. 
I will be going for another in-depth ultrasound soon, this time at a prenatal medicine clinic at the hospital, and will see the BEST Dr who will be able to give us more info (or as I like to say/think... more to pray for!). He will be able to tell the position and size of the septum and what hindrances it may TRY to cause for labour. GREAT THING is that baby is in perfect health, and he will continue to grow wonderfully and so will I (I am still swallowing that whole idea of 'me growing'!!!). 
I will be able to give more news once we go for this second ultrasound but for now, we believe, and encourage you to as well, believe that Jacob will turn, exactly when he needs to, and will be in perfect position for birth- no C-section over here!!!


Thanks friends and family :) I appreciate you reading and sending your love to me and Koby and our wonderful son!!! This boy has a LOT of love coming to him!


My latest pic in front of the tree is under the 'Pictures So Far' tab on the top right side of the screen... yes, its a real tree!!!


Love you all
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment