Hello dearest friends and family!
Most of you may already know, but I figured I would do another little blog post.... and since I have a few minutes to myself... and since I haven't in AGES.... here's an update on the (crazy!) life and times of the LIESCH'S!!!
YES, BABY #2 IS ON HIS/HER WAY... you did NOT see a spelling mistake in the title... its TRUE! And yes, it was a little sooner than WE planned but GOD'S PLANS are always wayyyyy better. Its funny how He keeps trying to teach me that! 'get it through your head Jenna...'
Koby and I found out just a few weeks after Jacob hit the big old age of 5 months old, that we were (well I am) indeed preggers AGAIN. At first, (ok, and maybe STILL a bit!) I was definitely in shock. All the Dr's that dealt with our interesting situation with Jacob all said it was such a miracle that I even got pregnant in the first place, so I guess part of me was thinking that it wouldn't happen so easily... BUT GOD. How awesome is HE! A little bit overwhelming, since I/we are still getting the hang of being parents, so to throw another one in the loop will be FUN- apparently GOD thinks we can do, so therefore, WE WILL :)
Long story short, baby is due 'officially' on May 17th. That's 40 weeks. Jacob had to come via schedule c-section at 38 weeks because he was an XXL baby, and BREECH, which is never a good combo, so if this baby is the same, then it COULD be a 38 week scheduler again, OR I may be able to go to 40. We have to wait and see. OR if baby is in another position, then we're looking at a whole bunch of different game plans... all to come. Bottom line (and what I have learnt through this whole 'trusting God with my abnormal uterus' thing) is that God knows what is best for my baby and for me, and HE will get the baby out however he/she needs to come out. Healthy baby, healthy mama.
As for the BB.... Jacob's new nickname- 'big brother'... that term STILL makes me slightly emotional to think of HIM having that title (my BABY is not ready to be a big brother!!! AH!)... HE is doing awesome. What a flipping blessing this kid is. If any of you have had the privilege (even as his MOM I count it a privilege!) of spending even 5 minutes with this boy, you know how immensely awesome he is. So happy, so fun, so goofy (already)!!! His current 'happenings' involve saying 'words' like 'da-da', 'pa-pa', and even 'ba-ba', he also likes screaming (I feel like I can't get mad at him for that- afterall, he comes from ME), he likes to roll... in one direction only- we're working on that! He can sit up like such a big boy (again, breathe... big brother!) and loves playing with his toys, and singing songs with mommy. He also still LOVES his jolly jumper... I'm hoping its training him to make great tackles when he is a line-backer for the NFL one day... don't ask me how, but its helping.
He is sleeping really well, he loves his naps, loves car rides, loves church, LOVESSSSSS (realllly LOVESSS), did I say LOVESSSS, has a DEEEEP affection for FOOD, and is quite the snuggler. OH HOW I LOVE MY LITTLE-BIG MAN!!!
Koby is doing really well too- God is blessssssssssssssssing us so much by stretching us into places where we are SO not comfortable, and is also increasing our capacity for ministry and family and parenting and marriage... since that's DEFINITELY what we pray for almost daily! Koby has been asked by several other church's/youth ministries/conference to come and be a guest speaker (we are currently in Chilliwack in the middle of a conference... he is out for dinner with some Pastors and I am in my dark hotel room letting my baby sleep!), so its been really cool to meet other pastors and teams in our area, doing the same work as us, and also getting to learn and love on other churches and teams. There's nothing like being away from your 'home' to really appreciate your own HOUSE! For those who may be lost by my 'lingo' right now, I'm talking about church. Its HOME. And I LOVE my HOME... aka RELATE :) xoxo
I am also doing great. Besides dealing with some slight pregnancy side-effects, which are STILL a blessing to me, LIFE IS AWESOME. We're off to LA for a couple days at Disneyland next weekend, and HIGHLY HIGHLY REALLLLLLY SUPPPERRRRRRR REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY looking forward to Christmas at home with the crazy Martin's. I MISS MY FAMILY!!!!!!! To all of you reading this, I am now teary eyed at the thought of you, and am sending you the squishy-est web-hug EVER. OH LORD. I miss y'all!!!!
Praying this finds you all happy and healthy :)
Lots of Liesch love to you, from the FOUR of us! (AHHH.... FOUR is so much bigger than THREE... breathe Jenna...)
xoxo
Oh and here's a recent-er pic of the bubs :) Yes, he has LOTS of nicknames!
I know right???

No comments:
Post a Comment