Saturday, October 23, 2010

17 WEEKS!

Another big week for Little Liesch!


Apparently she/he is the size of a 'turnip' (thank GOD she/he won't look like one when she/he comes out!)... 5 inches long (crown to rump) and weighs about 5 ounces. I have an app on my ipod from 'What To Expect When You're Expecting' that shows me the week by week update of what is happening with baby. In this my 18th week, my uterus is the size of a cantaloupe (I know you all wanted to know that!), and should be around 1 inch from my belly-button (a.k.a quickly taking over my body as I like to put it!). I should start to feel baby moving any day/week now, though I am not expecting it until 20 weeks or so. 


BABY'S GROWTH: Baby is beginning to YAWN this week (I KNOW- SOOO cute!), and is continuing with lots of movement- twists, rolls, kicks and punches... she/he will be a fighter/soccer/football/hockey/dancer/singer/acrobat/taker-over-of-the-world/#1 soldier in mama's little army. The nervous system is also rapidly maturing in these weeks. Nerves are forming more complex connections, and the taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing nerves are developing in the brain. Baby can also hear a ton now, so I have been singing the same song (that I conjured up) to it every day (Koby is now leaving the room when its 'song-time'):
'I love you baby
I love you so
I love you baby
I love you so
Oh pretty baby
I love you so
Oh pretty baby
I love you so'
And you can also hear my own rendition of 'you are my sunshine' and Justin Bieber's 'Baby, Baby, baby, ohhh' sometimes coming from my mouth :)


Our next mid-wife appointment is this coming Tuesday where we will get to hear little liesch's strong and wonderful heartbeat again- can't wait!


We are waiting until November 22nd for our first ultrasound, as that will also be the day that we will find out if its a boy or a girl- and yes, you will all know too! That also happens to be the day we will set up our Christmas tree- not sure what else could make a better day! Maybe seeing my family... but only 4 more weeks after that!


kisses and hugs,


the Liesch's :)

2 comments:

  1. I seriously can't wait to meet this child. I am almost as excited as when my own child was born. Our little turnip baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Jenna, thanks for sharing! Looking forward to your updates:)

    ReplyDelete